National Award for Women’s Development in the field of Science & Technology, India
This award has been instituted to recognize the contributions of individuals/institutions
who have worked at the grass root level for women’s development through application of
science and technology.
Nature of the Award
This prestigious award is announced every year. It comprises of a memento, a cash prize
of Rs.1.00 Lakh for individual Rs. 10.00 Lakhs for institution and a citation.
· The award is open to resident Indian citizens and institutions registered in India
only. Employees of Department of Science & Technology are not eligible for this
· The individual/ institution should have a minimum of 10 years experience and
outstanding contribution in researches, design development, adaptation or
application of science and technology at the grass root level for women’s
· Individuals/ institutions that have received this award earlier are not eligible for
Persons eligible to nominate
Nomination for the Award can be made by Vice Chancellor of Universities, Directors of
R&D institutions, Heads of science based voluntary organizations, Secretaries of S&T
departments Secretaries of State Departments/State Councils for S&T; earlier winners of
“The last date for receipt of completed nominations is 31st December, 2010”
General Terms & Conditions
• A selection committee consisting of eminent persons has been constituted by the
Department of Science & Technology.
• The selection committee will have the sole right to select the awardees and
formulate rules governing such selection.
• If during consideration of the nominations received and/or of other eligible
candidates, no one is deemed suitable for the award, it would not be given that
• In exceptional circumstances, if more than one individual/institution is selected for
an award, the amount of award will be separately given to each.
• No correspondence will be entertained regarding the selection of the awardees or
on the selection procedure.
• Recommendation other than that of the nominator will not be considered and will
lead to disqualification.
• The awardees shall be intimated by post.
• The Department of Science & Technology will have a right to modify the terms
and conditions for the award as and when it deems fit.
• Documents submitted can be returned after completion of the process including
presentation ceremony of the award, if requested.
• Nominations received on earlier occasions for the award will be admissible only
with fresh accomplishments subsequently.
• The awardees will be expected to deliver a talk at a place and venue to be
intimated by the Department of Science and Technology.
Nominations typed on plain paper complete with enclosures in the format should be sent
to reach the following on or before 31st December, 2010.
Department of Science & Technology
New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi – 110 016
For More Information Click here