Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child for PG academic session 2010-12
The University Grants Commission, based on the initiative of M/HRD, had introduced, from the year
2005-06, Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child with purpose of supporting
higher education through scholarship to such girls who happen to be only child in her family and also to
provide incentive for the parents to observe small family norm.
Any single girl child being the only child of her parents is eligible under the scheme. The benefit under
scheme will be available to such a single girl child who has taken admission in first year of a Master’s
degree in non-professional programme in any recognized university or a post-graduate college
during the current year i.e. 2010-11.
Rate of Scholarship: Rs. 2000/- p.m.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years (for 10 months in a year)(Total 20 months)
Number of Scholarships per year: 1200
- The scheme is for non-professional courses only at P.G. level. The scheme is applicable to such
students who have taken admissions in regular, full-time Master Degree course in any recognized
University/Institution or a Post Graduate College. Distance mode of education is not covered.
- A student who is awarded this PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child will not be
debarred from accepting any other scholarship.
- A student desirous of leaving the studies mid-way without completing the PG degree will have to
take prior approval from the UGC by submitting an application along with justification through the
concerned University / College / Institution. Any student who discontinues the studies without prior
approval of the UGC will have to refund the whole amount and the concerned institution will be
responsible for this refund.
- The University/College/Institution has to submit a certificate of completion of the PG Course in
respect of each student availing this scholarship.
- Affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp Paper from SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officers (not below
the rank of Tehsildar) conforming that she is the only child in her family without having any brother.
For More Information Click here