Energy Biosciences Overseas Fellowship, India
Applications are invited for “Energy Biosciences Overseas Fellowships”, a re-entry scheme of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
1. The scheme is aimed at bringing back scientists of Indian origin working outside the country in the fields of energy related biological sciences and other areas related to bioenergy, and who are desirous of pursuing R&D in an Indian institution.
2. The applicant should possess a Ph. D in relevant areas and/or an outstanding track record reflected in publications and other recognitions.
3. Only candidate of Indian origin working overseas are eligible to apply. Those who have already returned to India and are working in India are not eligible.
About the fellowship:
4. Energy Biosciences Overseas Fellows can take up fellowship at any of the scientific institutes/ university in India and the application should be supported by the competent authority of the host Institute.
5. Selected awardees will receive a fellowship amount of Rs. 75,000/ pm (consolidated) and a contingency grant of Rs. 5,00,000 / year for purchase of consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, engaging manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of research project. However, the host institute/university where applicant proposes to work can consider giving additional benefits (e.g. HRA/housing, medical allowance, leave travel allowance and other benefits) as applicable to regular faculty.
6. In case an awardee finds a suitable permanent position during the tenure of the fellowship at any research institute/ university, he or she can take up the job. In that case, he/she will have to opt for either the fellowship or salary. However, she/he can continue to avail the contingency grant with prior approval of DBT.
7. Awardees are also eligible to apply for research grants to any of the funding agencies. However, the Co-PI has to be a permanent employee of the host institution.
8. The duration of the fellowship will be for a period of 5 years. In exceptional cases, the duration of the award may be extended by another 5 years.
How to apply:
9. Under Continuous Induction Program, application for “Energy Biosciences Overseas Fellowship” position can be sent throughout year. Applications received on or before following dates shall be considered in ensuing phase.
On or before: 30th September, 2010 and 31st March, 2011
Application in prescribed format, duly complete with letter from the Indian Institute of choice (hosting Institute) where the awardee wishes to work should be sent to DBT-ICT-Centre for Energy Biosciences, Institute of Chemical Technology, University under Section 3 of UGC ACT 1956, Nathalal Parikh Marg, Matunga, Mumbai 400 019, India (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) Other details regarding the fellowships may be seen at: www.udct.org OR www.dbtindia.nic.in.
For More Information Click here