2010-11 Tata Innovation Fellowship for Indians
Applications are invited for “Tata Innovation Fellowship”, a highly competitive scheme of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
1. The scheme is aimed at rewarding interdisciplinary work where major emphasis is on innovation and translational research with a potential towards commercialization.
2. The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 60 years.
3. The applicant should possess a Ph.D degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering; or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology/related areas. The applicant must have adequate professional experience in the specific area and demonstrated leadership towards innovation.
4. The candidate must have a regular position in a University/ Organization /Institute/ and should be engaged in research and development. If he/she is availing any other fellowship (national/international), he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships (for example JC Bose fellowship, Welcome Trust, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, NIH Senior fellowship, Howard Hughes Medical Institute fellowship and others of similar nature)
About the fellowship:
5. The amount of the fellowship will be Rs.20,000/- per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute.
6. In addition, each fellow will receive a contingency grant of Rs. 5,00,000/- per annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of research project under the fellowship.
7. The Institution where the candidate is working would provide the necessary infrastructure and administrative support for pursuing the research under this fellowship. The candidate will continue to work at the place of his/her employment.
8. The duration of the fellowship will be initially for three years, extendable further by two years on a fresh appraisal.
How to apply:
9. Application (one copy) may be sent as per proforma downloadable from DBT website (www.dbtindia.nic.in) and duly forwarded by the competent authority to Dr. Meenakshi Munshi, Joint Director, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, 7th Floor, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110 003, Email :- email@example.com latest by 30th September, 2010.
For More Information Click here