CCS Summer Research Internship 2011, India
The Research Internship Program Researching Reality provides a greatly valued and needed learning experience in real-life application of social and economic principles and in teaching college students the skills of research, analysis, writing, and above all critical thinking.
Interns research and write papers on the impact of critical public policies in areas such as livelihood, education, governance and environment.
* How does one become a street vendor or start a school or a community radio?
* How much does your state government spend on primary education?
* How do slum dwellers get water and electricity?
* What is the impact of special economic zones and rent control laws?
* Can public services be provided privately?
* How can we make RTI more effective?
* Training in skills of research, analysis & writing through hands-on projects
* Publication of select papers in newspapers, magazines, and CCS publications such as The Economic Times, Business World, The Statesman
* A certificate of successful completion of the program
* A monthly stipend
* A chance to participate in international seminars
* A chance to compete for prizes for best published articles after the internship
How to Participate?
* Period of Internship: Summer (May-July).
* Internship is also offered post July
* Eligibility: College students or recent graduates in any discipline can apply from all over world.
* Place of Internship: Choice of any location in India
* Application procedure: Download and fill in the application form
* Selected applicants will be called for an interview for final selection
* Please send the completed application:
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By courier to:
Internship Coordinator, Centre for Civil Society
A-69 Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, India
Phone: 011-2653 7456/ 2652 1882 Fax: 011-2651 2347
last Date:02 May 2011
For More Information Click here