KOREAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP – 2010
Applications are invited from Indian nationals on plain paper in the format given below for the award of eight scholarships to Indian students offered by the Government of Republic of Korea, at Master’s level, Ph. D. level and Integrated Master’s & Doctoral level . The subjects in which scholarships will be awarded are given as below:
ii) Environment Science
iii) Molecular Biology
iv) Computer Application
vii) Information Technology
viii) Korean Language & Literature
ix) International C-operation
2. Age: Not exceeding 40 years for Master’s, Ph.D and Integrated Master’s & Doctoral. respectively as on 01-09-2010.
3. Qualification: Applicants must have already earned or expected to receive:
(a) a bachelor’s degree with 60% of marks or equivalent prior to August 31, 2010, in order to apply for Master’s Programme/
Integrated Master’s & Doctoral Programme
(b) a Master’s degree with 60% of marks prior to August 31, 2010 in order to apply for Ph. D Programme.
Note : Candidates who have received Korean Scholarship at any time are not eligible.
Master’s degree programme: 3 Years (including 1 year Korean Language course)
Ph.D. programme: 4 Years ( including 1 year Korean Language course)
Integrated Master’s & Doctoral : 5 Years (including 1 year Korean Language course)
5. Airfare: The awardee will be paid an economy class ticket airfare to the Republic of Korea, and thereafter, a return ticket of the same category to his or her country of residence after the completion of a study programme.
6. Value of Scholarship:
(i) Monthly Allowance: 900,000 won (KRW) per month
(ii) Research Allowance: 210,000 won for students in human and social sciences: 240.000 won for students in natural and mechanic sciences per semester. per month to cover living expenses for the period of his or her programme.
(iii) Settlement Allowance: An awardees will be paid 200,000 won upon arrival.
(iv) Language Training Expenses: the NIIED will pay the entrusted language training institution the full cost up to 1 year.
(v) Tuition Fees: all admission fees are waived by the host institution. The full tuition is paid by NIIED.
(vi) Dissertation Printing Costs: Up to 500,000 won will be reimbursed for the costs related to a dissertation printing.
(vii) Medical Insurance: 15000 won per month ( limited Insurance coverage) will be provided to the university for students.
7. Last Date for submission of application:
(a) Application on plain paper (as per format given below) alongwith the required photocopies of documents with a recent passport size photograph pasted on the application should reach the ‘Section Officer, Es.3 Section, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, A.1/W.3, Curzon Road Barracks, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110 001’ latest by 5.30 PM on 26th April 2010.
(b) Application can also submitted on-line at the website www.sakshat.ac.in by 26-04-2010. In case of on-line applications, Hard Copy of the application in the prescribed format alongwith required documents should be submitted by 03-5-2010, otherwise on-line applications will not be entertained.
8. Documents to be attached:
1. The candidates must attach the following documents with the application:
(a) Attested copy of the certificate the date of birth.
(b) Attested copies of all degree/diploma/certificate & mark-sheets of the qualifying examination.
(c) Self attested copies will not be accepted.
(d) Where grades are mentioned, the candidate must indicate the conversion formula adopted by the University/Institution and should indicate equivalent percentage of marks.
9. General Information
1. Equivalent foreign degree will be considered.
2. Candidates who have already been abroad for study/research/training for more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years after their return from abroad as on 28.04.2010. Applications of candidates, who are abroad will not be considered.
3. Candidates should have adequate knowledge of geographical situation, culture and heritage of Korea and India.
4. Application in subject-fields, other than those prescribed, will not be considered. A candidate can apply only in one subject.
5. Employed candidates must send their applications through their employers with “ No Objection Certificate”. However, an advance application can be submitted with the understanding that the application through employer should reach before the date of interview.
6. Candidates must attach with the application a description in at least 500 words of his project/proposal of study/research to be undertaken in Korea.
7. Applications, which are incomplete or unsigned, will not be considered.
8. Canvassing in any from & suppression of any fact in the application will disqualify the candidature of the applicant.
9. While indicating the period of past experience and stay abroad, candidate should mention the specific dates.
10. As these scholarships are offered by foreign Govts, hence the applications should be submitted in English only.
11. Candidates who do not possess the essential qualifications need not apply.
12. THE DECISION OF SELECTION COMMITTEE SHALL BE FINAL. & NO REPRESENTATION IN THIS REGARD WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
13. THE FINAL SELECTION OF THE NOMINATED CANDIDATES RESTS WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF REPUBLIC OF KOREA.
14. Mere fulfillment of minimum requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview. Interview letters are sent only to limited number of candidates after their applications are examined by the Committee of Experts.
15. The applicants who are in employment should have an assurance from the employer that if their nomination is successful, they will be granted sufficient
leave during study period in Korea.
16. This Division will not be responsible for postal delay.
For More Information Click here