Inlaks Fine Art Awards 2010
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation invites applications for the selection of Inlaks Fine Arts Awards 2010. The Foundation encourages young artists to find their feet after college, and provides financial assistance to enable them to work on their own anywhere in India. The awards are intended to help artists in their formative years to develop their creative talent.
There are typically 5 or 6 awards per year. The award is worth Rs. 8,000/- per month for a period of one year paid bi-annually.
>> The recipient should not be holding a similar/ government scholarship or award during the same tenure.
>> He/She should be below the age of 30 years on 31st December in the year of application
The applicant for this award may be a recent graduate/post-graduate or a final year student at a leading Indian institute for visual arts in India.
Application Submission Deadline: December 10, 2009 .
Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The scholarships are of two types: university courses and specific programs.
Scholarships for up to 2 years at top American, European and UK institutions, for degrees in all kind of subjects, except Engineering, Computer Science, Urban Planning, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Indian Studies and History. Candidates must have admission to their proposed course of studies before applying.
Specific Programs Proposed by the Candidate
Scholarships for research, training or professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently, or attached to a leading institution. Candidates are expected to provide full details of their proposed programs, including time and travelling plans, a full breakdown of costs, and evidence of agreement with such institutions if required.
* Scholarships are open to all Indians of either sex who hold a good degree from a recognised university and are resident in India at the time of application. All applicants must have done their first degree in India.
* It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
* Candidates must be below 30 years of age on the first of July in the year of application. Preference will be given to candidates who have not yet studied abroad. Candidates who are already studying or have started their program abroad are not eligible.
* The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed programme will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor. The Foundation also encourages applications from young people currently employed.
How We Decide
* The Foundation has been awarding scholarships to deserving young Indian since 1976. Few other foundations have during this period, given as many scholarships in as many and such varied fields.
* The key to Inlaks is flexibility. We look for the unusual, we search out a special talent and we spot people with flair. And once we are convinced that we have found it, we will do everything possible to accommodate a worthy candidate.
* It is perhaps for this reason that a list of Inlaks alumni reads like a "Who's Who" of young India.
So what should you be concerned about?
* Your achievements, academic and otherwise. We will need proof that you are an achiever.
* Your potential. We pride ourselves on judging potential as much as performance. It isn't just what you have already achieved; it's what we can help you achieve in the future.
* The suitability of your course, project or programme. You must persuade us that the course/ programme is right for you and that you are right for it.
Application and Selection Procedure
Application forms are available from the 10th of January to the 15th of April from the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, C/o Inlaks India Foundation, 86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point Mumbai 400021. They must be completed by the Candidate and submitted at the same address by 15th of April. They must include:
* Evidence of admission to a university or a course, and full details of the institute's financial requirements.
* One self - addressed stamped, (Rs. 10.00) envelope (4" X 9").
* Candidates in architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects must submit twelve colour transparencies of recent creative work in a plastic folder, giving the size of the original, the material used and the date of completion. This material will not be returned. Candidates for Film, Dance and Acting must submit CD, which will be returned. Candidates for Music should submit tapes/scripts.
* Evidence of any outstanding achievements in extra-curricular activities in any
* Do not send copies of academic certificates with the completed form. These will be needed only at the time of the final interviews. An independent Inlaks Selection Committee carries out the selection.
Applications received are analysed and evaluated, and the Committee subsequently calls the most interesting candidates for interviews. All applicants must be available for interviews in India. They usually take place in Delhi at the end May, in two stages: preliminaries, and for those who make it, finals. Candidates short-listed for the interviews will have to arrange for their own travel and accommodation. Candidates who do not receive any communication by 1st of June must assume that their applications have not been successful.
Terms of the Scholarship
The duration of the scholarship is up to 2 years. It covers for the period granted tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel. In case of specific programs the financial coverage will be discussed directly with the candidate. Those opting for courses lasting for more than 2 years (i.e. Ph.D.) will have to seek funding from other sources. Acceptance of other scholarships, teaching assistantships and part time jobs are welcome after approval from the Foundation.
Scholarship will not be awarded to candidates whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India during tenure.
Scholarships are awarded in June generally for commencement in subsequent September and October.
This form can be downloaded, filled in and sent to,
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation,
C/o Inlaks India Foundation
86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021.
For More Information