AMD Studentship Programme
AMD Studentship Programme
An Invitation for Young Minds to Participate in a National Endeavour.
Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD) is presently in the endeavour to increase its uranium exploration activities all over the country, so that the projected demand of uranium can be met to a large extent from the domestic resources.
To take the exploration and research work to an accelerated pace AMD has initiated all round collaboration with many premier professional and academic institutions of the country.
AMD Studentship Programme (AMDSP) is one of such activities that have been conceived to encourage postgraduate students in taking up short term project work in priority areas for uranium exploration.
AMDSP is intended to encourage M.Sc / M.Tech / M.Sc Tech students of various universities and institutions to take up field-oriented project work in various priority areas of AMD.
This project work should necessarily be part of the course curriculum such as dissertation or project work, leading to award of a post-graduate degree.
A lump sum grant of Rs.5,000 will be awarded to each student on successful completion of the approved project work.
Studentship is paid to partially cover the incidental expenditure the student may incur in the field areas.
A minimum of four weeks of field work is required for award of the Studentship.
The topics that are identified for 2009 -10 are given below.
Other topics also will be considered based on relevance of work to AMD, but such topics should have filed orientation.
1. Lithostructural mapping and identification of micro structures associated with U mineralisation along Raghunathpura-Dhancholi-Thana sector, Mahendragarh Dist., Haryana.
2. Lithostructural mapping and identification of micro structures associated with U mineralisation around Mohar Cauldron, Shivpuri Dist. M.P.
3. Geological mapping and sedimentological studies of Bijawar and Vindhyan sediments, Sonrai Basin Lalitpur Dist. U.P
4. Litho-geochemical sampling and radiometric survey for locating black shale/phosphorite hosted U mineralization in the Shaliyan Formation, Dehradun District, Uttarakhand.
1. Radiometric checking, geological mapping, geochemical sampling, SSNTD survey around Wajhal, Arakeri, Kembhavi and Malla, Gulbarga District, Karnataka.
2. Geological mapping, radiometric survey, systematic sampling in the northwestern extension of Kannampalle Block, Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh.
3. Geological mapping, radiometric survey along Hanumanhatti - Kakti tract, Belgaum District, Karnataka.
4. Geological mapping, radiometric survey and sedimentological study of Gondwana sediments of Sivaganga Basin, Sivagangai Dist., Tamil Nadu.
1. Geological and structural mapping around Raghunathpur-Tentla area, Purulia Dist., West Bengal.
2. Geological mapping and radiometric survey of Chandrapur and Singhora Groups around Kaichhapar, Raigarh District, Chhattisgarh
3. Geological mapping and sampling to establish the continuity of radioactive quartz pebble conglomerate (QPC) at the base of Mahagiri hill in Rankia - Pimpudia area, Jajpur Dist., Orissa.
1. Geological mapping, radiometric survey, systematic sampling of Tertiary and Mahadek sediments in and around Nongjri area, West Khasi Hills Dist., Meghalaya.
2. Geological mapping, radiometric survey, systematic sampling of Tertiary and Mahadek sediments and metasediments of Shillong Group/crystallines in Pynursla areas, East Khasi Hills Dist., Meghalaya.
3. Geological mapping, radiometric survey, systematic sampling of Tertiary and Mahadek sediments in and around Umthongkut area, West Khasi Hills District, Meghalaya.
1. Structural Mapping and analysis to understand the tectonic fabric of Ajabgarh Group of rocks in Saladipura - Kotri tract, Sikar District, Rajasthan
2. Structural analysis to understand the controls of Uranium mineralisation in and around Samarkiya area of Pur - Banera basin, Bhilwara District, Rajasthan.
3. Systematic sampling of calcretes for locating calcrete hosted uranium mineralization around Didwana, Kuchaman-Losal areas, Nagaur and Sikar District, Rajasthan.
4. Lithostructural mapping and radiometric survey of Lower Aravalli metasediments around Kukra - Parsola, Udaipur Dist., Rajasthan.
1. Delineation of QPC horizon of Bailadila Group along Kauchar - Duiki - Kattapar - Kalwar - Kalangpuri and Sonadehi Dongri - Hahaladdi Dongar tract, Rajnadgaon, Durg and Bastar District, Chhattisgarh.
2. Geological mapping, radiometric survey and sedimentological study of Gondwana sediments around Surnadehi-Mangara-Rajegaon-Nanakharak, Chhindwara and Betul District, Madhya Pradesh.
1. Radiometric and structural studies of basement rocks and cover sediments of Banganapalle Formation of Palnad sub-basin around Virapalem, Nalgonda District, Andhra Pradesh.
2. Lithostructural mapping, radiometric survey of Srisailam and Banganapalle Formations across their unconformity contact around Kothapullareddipuram, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh.
3. Geological mapping, radiometric survey, systematic sampling in parts of Chitrial outlier of Srisailam sub-basin near Devarkonda, Nalgonda District, Andhra Pradesh.
Beach Sand & Offshore Investigations Group
1. Systematic sampling and study of beach/inland placers along the coastal / inland areas of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa and characterization of Monazite and Zircon.
2. Beach sand exploration, textural and mineralogical studies and ore reserve estimation along Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh coast.
For more details contact the concerned Regional Director/Head, BSOI, Hyderabad or:
Additional Director (R & D),
Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research,
Hyderabad - 500 629,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com