UG ADMISSION PROCEDURE
The admissions to the undergraduate programme (B.Tech.) in various fields are held through All India Engineering Entrance Examination (A.I.E.E.E) conducted by C.B.S.E.
The candidates who have passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination are eligible to apply. Those appearing in 10+2 are also eligible to apply. Applicants are required to appear in A.I.E.E.E. A merit list is prepared on the basis of their performance in A.I.E.E.E. and seats are allotted according to their rank. Seats are reserved as per the rules.
Master of Computer Applications
This program is offered by Department of Computer Science and Engineering. Admission to MCA programme of NIT-Durgapur will be made on the basis of result of NIMCET (NIT MCA Common Entrance Test).
Master of Technology
A. For Engineering Disciplines:
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Engg./Tecnology in respective branch of Engg or AMIE(I), AMIIM, AMIIChE by examination having two year of professional experience.
B. For Other Disciplines:
- Chemistry (Corrosion Science, & Technology): M.Sc. in Chemistry (Pure/Applied), B.E. or B.Tech. in ChE.
- Mathematics( Operation Research in Industry/Business Management)[Self-finance or Part-time evening]: B.E./B.Tech. in Engg./Technology, or M.Sc.( with Mathematics at graduate level), AMIE, AMIM, AMIIChE with two years of professional experience.
- Physics( Advanced Materials Science & Technology): B.E./B.Tech. in Engg./Technology,in Metallurgical & Materials Engg.,Mechanical Engg., Electronics & Communication Engg. or M.Sc.in Physics, Applied Physics, Materials Science or Electronics.
- For full-time courses, candidates will have to qualify in GATE, conducted by IITs. They shall have to appear for interview/viva-voce for final selection. Unemployed Non-GATE candidates may be considered for admission to the full-time courses subject to the availability of seats but they will not be entitled to scholarship. Non-GATE candidates for full-time courses will be selected through college admission test (written/interview).
- Candidates working in industries and business organisations around Durgapur (within the radius of 20 KMs from the college) fulfilling the above qualifications may also apply for part-time courses. No-objection certificate from their employer will be essential for admission.