C.S.E. AGRICULTURE AGRICULTURE – 2005
Consider the following statements:
1. Inaia is the largest producer of safflower oil in the world
2. Areawise, India is the largest cultivator of tea in the world Which of the
statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only (b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
2. Which one among the following components of soil organic matter is most
resistant to decomposition?
(a) Cellulose (b) Hemicellulose
(c) Starch (d) Lignin
3. Which one of the following is a measure of the net positive charge held on
soil exchange complex?
(a) Anion exchange capacity (b) Cation exchange capacity
(c) Base exchange capacity (d) Electrical conductivity
4. Volatilisation loss of ammonia in soil increases with the increase in:
(a) Calcium carbonate content of soil
(b) Moisture content of soil
(c) Clay content of soil
(d) Cation exchange capacity of soil
5. The deficiency of which one of the following causes Khaira disease?
(a) Copper (b) Iron
(c) Phosphorus (d) Zinc
6. Which one of the following factors is responsible for poor fruit setting in
(a) Dioecious nature (b) Heterostyly
(c) Dichogamy (d) Self-incompatibility
7. Which of the following scientists proposed the Critical Level Concept for
nutrients in soil?
(a) Jackson (b) Cate and Nelson
(c) Stem (d) Schofield
8. Match List I (Nutrient Element) with List II (Source in Soil) and select the
correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
List I List II
A Calcium 1. Apatite
B. Nitrogen 2. Dolomite
C. Phosphorus 3. Feldspar
D. Potassium 4. Organics
A B C D A B C D
(a) 2 1 4 3 (b) 3 4 1 2
(c) 3 1 4 2 (d) 2 4 1 3
9. Which one of the following organisms is involved in the formation of N