Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
Section 107 of the Copyright Act Fair Use Contents .
We are forwarding content link(s) from our website to content website & We are not serving any contents.
Main Source:Google.com.All the Content PDF link(s) is/are obtained from GoogleSearch
for the purpose of Education & Teaching Intention. Not for commercial purpose.
Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Placement Materials & Answers-Free Download
Software Companies Placement Papers With Answers-Apps Associates -Free Download
23. Paragraph Completion:
For the first time I began to realize an odd consequence of the social effort in which we are at present engaged. And yet, come to think, it is a logical consequence enough. Strength is the outcome of need; security sets a premium on feebleness. The work of ameliorating the conditions of life—the true civilizing process that makes life more and more secure—had gone steadily on to a climax. _________________.
A. Nature had lorded over humanity with impunity
B. Nature had become a slave of humanity
C. Nature and humanity were involved in the climactic battle of survival
D. One triumph of a united humanity over Nature had followed another
24. Sentence Completion:
They refused to ________ any more evasive replies and decided to resolve the issue within the _______ of the major.
A. notice, eccentricity
B. brook, jurisdiction
C. bloom, indulgence
D. suffer, fortitude
25. Error Correction:
I am tired as I am working since 7 O'clock in the morning.
A. I was working
B. I have been working
C. I had been working
D. I will be working
He died from want _________ medical aid.
E. None of these
Be careful when you drive home tonight; _____snow is very deep.
Detective glories tend to glorify crime. Murderers, gangsters and crooks all kinds are described as tough, cunning and courageous individuals who know how to take care of themselves and how to get what they want. In James McCain's The Postman Always Rings twice, for instance the villain is much more a impressive character than his victim. He is casual brave smart and successful with women. It is true that he finally gets caught. But he is punished for a crime that he did not commit, so that his conviction is hardly a triumph of justice. Besides, looking back over the exciting life of the criminal, the reader might conclude that it was worth the risk.
28. The passage mention James McCain
A. as an author of detective stories
B. as brave, smart, and successful with women
C. as tough cunning and courageous
D. as being more impressive than others
29. Murderers, gangsters and crooks referred to in the passage given above
A. always manage to get away
B. are often glorified in detective stories
C. are wiser than their victims
D. know how to escape from law
1. One guy has Rs. 100/- in hand. He has to buy 100 balls. One football costs Rs. 15/, One Cricket ball costs Re. 1/- and one table tennis ball costs Rs. 0.25 He spend the whole Rs. 100/- to buy the balls. How many of each balls he bought?
2. The distance between Station Atena and Station Barcena is 90 miles. A train starts from Atena towards Barcena. A bird starts at the same time from Barcena straight towards the moving train. On reaching the train, it instantaneously turns back and returns to Barcena. The bird makes these journeys from Barcena to the train and back to Barcena continuously till the train reaches Barcena. The bird finally returns to Barcena and rests. Calculate the total distance in miles the bird travels in the following two cases: (a) The bird flies at 90 miles per hour and the speed of the train is 60 miles per hour. (b) the bird flies at 60 miles per hour and the speed of the train is 90 miles per hour
3. A tennis championship is played on a knock-out basis, i.e., a player is out of the tournament when he loses a match. (a) How many players participate in the tournament if 15 matches are totally played? (b) How many matches are played in the tournament if 50 players totally participate?
4. When I add 4 times my age 4 years from now to 5 times my age 5 years from now, I get 10 times my current age. How old will I be 3 years from now?
5. A rich merchant had collected many gold coins. He did not want anybody to know about them. One day, his wife asked, "How many gold coins do we have?" After pausing a moment, he replied, "Well! If I divide the coins into two unequal numbers, then 37 times the difference between the two numbers equals the difference between the squares of the two numbers." The wife looked puzzled. Can you help the merchant's wife by finding out how many gold R
6. A set of football matches is to be organized in a "round-robin" fashion, i.e., every participating team plays a match against every other team once and only once. If 21 matches are totally played, how many teams participated?
7. Glenn and Jason each have a collection of cricket balls. Glenn said that if Jason would give him 2 of his balls they would have an equal number; but, if Glenn would give Jason 2 of his balls, Jason would have 2 times as many balls as Glenn. How many balls does Jason have?
8. Suppose 8 monkeys take 8 minutes to eat 8 bananas. (a) How many minutes would it take 3 monkeys to eat 3 bananas? (b) How many monkeys would it take to eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes
9. It was vacation time, and so I decided to visit my cousin's home. What a grand time we had! In the mornings, we both would go for a jog. The evenings were spent on the tennis court. Tiring as these activities were, we could manage only one per day, i.e., either we went for a jog or played tennis each day. There were days when we felt lazy and stayed home all day long. Now, there were 12 mornings when we did nothing, 18 evenings when we stayed at home, and a total of 14 days when we jogged or played tennis. For how many days did I stay at my cousin's place?
10. A 31" x 31" square metal plate needs to be fixed by a carpenter on to a wooden board. The carpenter uses nails all along the edges of the square such that there are 32 nails on each side of the square. Each nail is at the same distance from the neighboring nails. How many nails does the carpenter use?
Answer and Explanation.
1. F + C + T = 100-------------eq1 15F + C + 0.25T = 100-------------eq2 eq1=eq2 .solve to get F=3T/56 ;F=3,T=56,C=41
2. a) There is no need to consider their meeting pt at all.the train has been running for 90miles/(60miles/hr)=1.5hrs.bird flies till train reaches destination frm strting pt.so bird flies for1.5hrs at the vel given(90).so dist=1.5*90=135miles b) time of train=1hr.so dist of bird=60*1=60miles
3. (a) u don't need to sum it up.since it's a knock out only 1 person emerges winner finally.so15+1=16is answer.becos after15 matches finally we shud've 15losers and 1winner.(b) 49:its always one less than no of players as per the idea given above.so no need to check okay cos its always true.ans is 49.
4. Let x= current age 4(x+4)+5(x+5)=10x ;so x=R 41 years
5. 37(x-y)=x^2-y^2. u no tht x^2-y^2=(x-y)(x+y).so (x-y) cancels on both sides to give x+y=37.so sum of unequal halves=37 which is the req answer.
6. R ans:7 teams okay.for a match u need 2 teams.suppose there r totally 'n 'teams.Now uve to choose 2 teams out of 'n' teams.so answer =no of such choices=no. of possible combinations. So we've ans = nC2(ncombination2)=21;solve to get n=7.Sol: n(n-1)/2=21. so n=7.if u don't understand c the graph beloweach team plays no. of matches=no of teams ahead of it. One bar '' represents one team. ------------7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 -----------21last team is written as 0 matches becos this team has already played with all other teams-hence sum of matches =6+5+4+3+2+1=21 which is correct only if no of teams =7
7. R 141. G+2=j-22. 2(G-2)=J+2.solve these 2 to get J=14
8. a). Sol:each mky takes 8 min to eat a banana b).ans:8m=48 m=6
9. Use sets and venn diagram to solve such questions.a,b ,aub,anb etc.12=tennis+leave18=jog +leaveso jog-tennis=6again jog+tennis=14.so solve and get jog=10,leave=8,tennis=4.so tot=22
10. Ans= 32*2 + 30*2=124
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members.
Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members.
Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Placement Papers & Answers PDF-Download
Aptitude & Placement Papers & Answers PDF
Technicalsymposium.com-All Study Materials PDF-Free Download
Technicalsymposium.com-Free Live Support-Chat with Our Experts
Official Contact: +91-9245556793 (Whatsapp Message / SMS / Voice Call)
Our Expert team is ready to answer all your questions immediately-Feel free to speak in Tamil/English.
(Example:Events info/Lecture Notes/Off-Campus & All Jobs/Projects & All education information)
Working hrs (IST): (Morning: 10:00AM-3:00 PM) and (Evening:5:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
All Latest Question & Answer Page (FAQ)-Click here