Join Our Email Alerts-Subscribe
Important Note:Login & Check Your Email Inbox and Activate Confirmation Link
JOOMLA Materials-Free Download
1) Explain what is Joomla?
Joomla is a content management system. It allows you to build online applications and web sites. Joomla is an open source and available freely.
2) Explain what are mambots and mention their categories?
In Joomla mambots are mini-programmes or plugins, which performs programs like modifying content before display, extending the site search, adding core functionality and so on
3) List out the benefits of using Joomla?
Benefits of Joomla is
• It is an open source software
• Tons of free components are available in extensions.joomla.org/
• Permission and user role are inbuilt with Joomla
• It allows to update your old Joomla from the admin section
• Templates are available free of cost and can apply with one click
4) What is the position in Joomla?
A site template divides the page into a number of positions like nav, header, footer, top, bottom, module1, etc. This is nothing but position.
5) Explain what are Joomla Modules?
Modules are small content items which can be displayed anywhere in websites by assigning positions in the template.
6) Where can you see the use of Joomla frequently?
Joomla is frequently seen in
• Corporate web sites or portals
• Corporate intranets and extranets
• Online magazines, newspapers and publications
• Non-profit organizational web sites
• Community-based portals
• Personal or family homepages
7) Explain how you change favicon?
By accessing global configuration site tab, you can manage favicon and upload a new favicon from there.
8) Explain what are components in Joomla?
Components are core elements of Joomla’s functionality. These core elements include content, banners, contact, polls, news feed and web links
10) By default what is the prefix Joomla have?
Joomla have prefix like jos_
11) What are the advanced features or add-ons in Joomla that can be useful for the developer?
Joomla framework enables developer to build quickly and easily
• Inventory control systems
• Data reporting tools
• Application bridges
• Custom product catalogs
• Integrated e-commerce systems
• Complex business directories
• Reservation systems
• Communication tools
12) In Joomla cms what is the file where database setting are stored?
Database setting are stored in the root directory under configuration.php
13) Mention how many files are required to built module in Joomla?
14) What happens if you set the SSL enabled option to on?
The link from the menu will begin with an https:// if you set the SSL enabled option to on
15) To set the site meta-data for the installed website which option will you choose?
To set the site meta-data for the installed website, you have to choose “Global Configuration.”
16) Which file does the index.php file load to provide a menu bar to the administrator interface?
Toolbar.php file is loaded by index.php file to provide a menu bar to the administrator interface
17) Is there any possibility with Joomla to control a desktop application?
Most of the CMS ( Content Management System ) is considered as a web applications. However, even desktop application can also be communicated with Joomla server by following the standard protocols.
18) Explain what are content items, section and categories in Joomla?
19) Explain how you can install an extension in Joomla?
From the backend of your Joomla site ( administration ) select installers and then the type of extension ( component, mambot/plugin, module, site template and so on )
• First browse for the package file
• Click the install icon
• Follow instructions
For large extension, you cannot use the automated installer. In such case
• Unzip all the files locally
• In the install directory transfer the files to a folder
• Then use installer to install the file
20) What database system does Joomla supports?
Joomla supports MySql database
21) In Joomla how you can change the images in your template?
To change the image in your template, go to
• Go to Site
• Select template manager and then select your template
• Click the icon for html
22) Explain what are the drawbacks of Joomla?
The drawback of Joomla are
• At times Joomla’s code can become messy, this will make page loading time longer
• Its architecture limits how many levels of sub categories can be created
Source: Contents are provided by Technicalsymposium Google Group Members. Disclaimer: All the above contents are provided by technicalsymposium.com Google Group members. Further, this content is not intended to be used for commercial purpose. Technicalsymposium.com is not liable/responsible for any copyright issues.
Technicalsymposium.com-Download All Technical Interview Materials