Born :April 19, 1957 (1957-04-19) (age 52) Colony of Aden, Yemen Residence,Mumbai, India
Occupation:Chairman, Managing Director of Reliance Industries
Spouse(s): Nita Ambani
Children :Isha, Anant and Akash.
Mukesh Ambani was educated at Abaay Morischa School in Mumbai and completed his graduation with a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from the UDCT. Mukesh later enrolled for an MBA from Stanford University but completed only one year of the two year program.
He likes to visit Kruger National Park in South Africa.Along with buissness he also likes sports.He owns Mumbai Indains.
He is also a member of Council on Foreign Relations Mukesh Ambani is now the co-chairman of Reliance Industries Limited.
Mukesh Ambani joined Reliance in 1981 and initiated Reliance's backward integration from textiles into polyester fibres and further into petrochemicals. In this process, he directed the creation of 60 new, world-class manufacturing facilities involving diverse technologies that have raised Reliance's manufacturing capacities from less than a million tonnes to twelve million tonnes per year.
He directed and led the creation of the world's largest grassroots petroleum refinery at Jamnagar, Gujarat, India, with a present capacity of 660,000 barrels per day (105,000 m³/d) (33 million tonnes per year) integrated with petrochemicals, power generation, port and related infrastructure, at an investment of Rs 100000 crore (nearly $26 billion USD).He will soon inaugrte his second refinary in motikhavdi, jamnagar
Mukesh Ambani set up one of the largest telecommunications companies in India in the form of Reliance Communications (formerly Reliance Infocom) Limited. However, Reliance Infocom now is under Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group post the brothers' split. Had the two brothers not split, and Mukesh being the president , his net worth would have been around $45 billion, behind Walton family. Under Ambani's leadership, Reliance has entered retail business through its wholly owned subsidiary Reliance Retail.
* Chosen the businessman of the year 2007 by a public poll in India conducted by NDTV
* Conferred the United States-India Business Council (USIBC) leadership award for "Global Vision" 2007 in Washington.
* Ranked 42nd among the World's Most Respected Business Leaders and second among the four Indian CEOs featured in a survey conducted by Pricewaterhouse Coopers and published in Financial Times, London, November 2004.
* Conferred the World Communication Award for the Most Influential Person in Telecommunications in 2004 by Total Telecom, October, 2004.
* Chosen Telecom Man of the Year 2004 by Voice and Data magazine, September 2004.
* Ranked 13th in Asia's Power 25 list of The Most Powerful People in Business published by Fortune magazine, August 2004.
* Conferred the Asia Society Leadership Award by the Asia Society, Washington D.C., USA, May 2004.
* Ranked No.1 for the second consecutive year, in The Power List 2004 published by India Today, March 2004.
* Recorded as the first Trillionaire in India, June 2007.
* Awarded the "Chitralekha Person of the Year Award -- 2007" by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
* Chairman of IIMB