The Third Biennial Supply Chain Management Conference -Bangalore, India.
Date of Function: December 14-15, 2012
The Biennial Supply Chain Management Conference is jointly organized by the EADS-SMI Chair for Sourcing and Supply Management and Supply Chain Management Centre, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB). The conference was previously held in December 2008 and January 2011.
The Third Biennial Supply Chain Management Conference will be held on December 14-15, 2012 in Bangalore, India.
The aim of the conference is to provide a forum to the researchers and practitioners to meet and share current development and major challenges in the field of sourcing and supply chain.
Call for Papers
The Conference targets academic researchers and practitioners whose main interests are the issues of Supply Chain Management, especially those with a focus on Retail Supply Chain Management. The theme of the conference is "Building Efficient Retail Supply Chain".
Retailing is a major growth driver in the world economy. In the current decade, competition in the retailing field has increased. Customers demand best service levels. The retailer's response has also been increasing by offering bigger product variety, price competitiveness and achieving higher service levels. However, the current trends have increased the complexity of managing retail businesses.
To manage and solve these complex business problems, the use of rigorous analytical methods has emerged as a very promising methodology. This is the reason many researchers in the field of supply chain management have been studying the retail industry.
We invite academicians and practitioners to contribute papers on any of the topics related to Sourcing and Supply Chain Management.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Retail Management
- Supply Chain Planning and Inventory Management
- Sourcing and Supply Management
- Coordination and Collaboration in Supply Chain Networks
- Supply Chain Performance Measurement
- Distribution, Warehousing and Transportation
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Global Supply Chain Strategies
- e-Commerce and e-Procurement
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Responsive Supply Chains
- Sustainable and Green Supply Chains
- Service Supply Chain Management
- Product / Service Life Cycle Management
- Supply Chain Network Design
- Supply Chain Visibility
1. Papers should be original research work in the above-mentioned fields. These include empirical and mathematical modeling, case studies, review papers and surveys. Papers from executives from corporates can cover best practices, new technologies, practitioners' opinions and perspectives on policy issues, and any other issues within the themes of the conference.
2. Conference papers will undergo a process of peer review by the technical committee and other independent reviewers (wherever necessary) to check their suitability for publication in the conference proceedings.
3. The last date for paper submission is September 10, 2012. Decisions regarding acceptance of the papers will be notified to the authors by October 26, 2012.
4. The conference proceedings will include peer-reviewed accepted contributions and consist of two types of manuscripts - complete papers and extended abstracts. Contributors may choose between the two alternatives and prepare their manuscripts accordingly.
This option permits the contributors of extended abstracts to publish their papers in other outlets. It may be noted that completed papers that are found suitable may be considered for publication in IIMB Management Review or Technology Operation Management, with the author/s' consent.
Guidelines for submissions:
1. Papers submitted must not have been published or accepted for publication.
2. Send an electronic copy by e-mail to the conference chair. All papers will undergo a double blind review.
3. Please use the template (IEEE compatible) when preparing your paper for submission. Each paper should not exceed 5 pages.
4. Please submit the paper in M S Word or PDF Format.
5. The write up should be accompanied by the following information in the email letter: paper title, authors' name and affiliation, mailing address, phone, and email address. In the case of multiple authors, the letter should indicate the author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
6. Important Dates: Paper Submission Deadline: September 10, 2012
Notification of Acceptance: October 26, 2012
Last date for Registration: 30th November, 2012
7. Authors of accepted papers will be asked to make appropriate changes based on reviewer comments prior to presentation and publication of their papers.
8. One of the authors of each accepted paper must register for the Conference and agree to present the paper at the conference.
For additional information and submissions contact:
Professor Jishnu Hazra,
Chair Professor, EADS-SMI Endowed Chair for Sourcing and Supply Management
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Chairperson, SCM Conference
Email: email@example.com (When Submitting your Papers please type email subject name as technicalsymposium.com/your paper title)
Send your full papers with abstracts to both event email id as well as one CC copy to our email id firstname.lastname@example.org for our reference
More Information Please Click here
Note: When submitting your papers please type subject name as technicalsymposium.com and Your Paper title.
(Because then only all college students&staffs will know our website and our free services.So please type.Thank you)